Friday, April 13, 2012

First post and first meal!

First off, welcome to my brand new little food blog! Sitting here tonight eating my frozen "diet" meal I started wondering why no one ever blogged about or rated frozen dinners. Everyone has had one at least once and a ton of people eat them frequently for lunch. Then you have people like me who eat them, more often than not, for dinner. I know in college I lived off of those cheap Banquet dinners! So here we are! I am going to try to do one meal a day (hence the title!) and talk about what I had, how it tasted, calories, and all that fun stuff that I know you are dying to know. ;)

If you're lucky, I may even do 2 meals a day since I am eating these for lunch now as well! I'm going to rate them like you would a hotel or restaurant, the basic 5 star rating.
1 Star - I wouldn't touch it again.
2 Star - It was... okay. Wouldn't eat it unless I had to.
3 Star - Alright, but not my favorite.
4 Star - Pretty good, on the list to buy again
5 Star - Absolutely getting this again!

Now on to the stuff you reeeally want to know about, the food!


For dinner tonight: Lean Cuisine Culinary Collection Fiesta Grilled Chicken

Calories: 260
Sodium: 600mg  
Fiber: 4g

Here is the basic description of this dinner "White meat chicken in a mexican-style cream sauce with a seasoned rice blend."

It had grilled chicken, rice, black beans, corn, and what I think were just pinto beans along with some tomatoes and Mexican spices.

Rating: 4/5 stars
This meal was really interesting. I thought it had cheese on it, but I guess that 'cream sauce' they talked about had a cheesey texture and taste to it. The only thing I wasn't a big fan of was the black beans, but that's just because I find the taste of black beans to be odd. The rice had a really good flavor as did the chicken.

It does have a lot of sodium already in the meal itself, but the taste is so good that you don't need to add anything to it. Take it from a girl that puts salt and pepper on nearly everything she eats. 

When it was cooking it really had a chicken enchilada smell to it. It smells really good and the taste is just as good.In terms of "well did it fill me up?" Yes and no. I am not extremely full. I probably could eat something else, but I am full enough to where I'm not mindlessly snacking. I'd say add some fiber filled veggies to it on the side and it would make a great filling meal.

All in all, definitely will get this one again.
 

Don't be fooled by the picture, I'm fairly certain mine had no cheese on it! I wouldn't even add any either. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment